At S-Tax we combine our technical expertise with passion, enthusiasm and energy to help innovative businesses grow using tax incentives. Since we started in 2011, we’ve used our entrepreneurial spirit and market-leading approach to deliver outstanding results for our clients. As part of the EMW LLP family we have a presence in London, Brighton, Gatwick and Milton Keynes, since joining the EMW LLP family we have grown and diversified our business and that’s why we’re on the lookout for additional ambitious and resilient Business Development Managers to join our Business Growth team.
This is a truly unique opportunity to work with a market leading, experienced team to build and further develop this exciting market. If you are looking for a role where you can have opportunities to help UK businesses grow, with the support of a collaborative and experienced team, this could be for you.
- £75k OTE for the right candidate
- Hybrid/remote working is offered for all employees
- Additional holidays for birthdays and at Christmas
- An established and mature existing client base
- Part of the EMW LLP family
Key duties and responsibilities
- Champion Capital Allowances and R&D tax incentives - educate potential clients on the value, their applicability, and use your knowledge and sophisticated approach to help businesses evaluate their eligibility by understanding their business and their requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with potential prospects to position S-Tax as a premium provider, identifying and evaluating the potential of those we can work with as clients and/or introducers.
- Create opportunities through personalised outreach across a variety of channels - including targeted calls, email, LinkedIn and by attending networking events
- Proactively develop opportunities, consulting with, and looping in technical colleagues appropriately.
- Work with your colleagues to develop prospects from industry associations and other referral sources.
- Using our CRM system effectively to manage your relationships and prospects pipeline, to allow for accurate forecasting and reporting, and to ensure you meet your KPI's
- Share sales best practice, knowledge and experience with your wider team, helping to build skills and experience for team success.
- National client base with regular travel - we love meeting our clients face to face where and when we can.
- Expectations to deliver £500,000 of business a year.
Qualities and skills
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious and resilient.
- Passion for innovation and for representing a high value service to clients.
- Enthusiastic about developing own leads and developing key relationships with prospects.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with C-suite individuals and ability to adapt to different audiences/preferences
- Desire to learn and understand both Capital Allowances and the R&D incentive - with the ability to assimilate technical knowledge quickly and communicate appropriately.
- A self-starter when it comes to getting things done and solving problems.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced B2B relationship development, business development or account management role.
- Experience in, or working with, businesses in industries such as fintech, SaaS, engineering, professional services or a tech start-up would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable success in delivering against KPI's and targets.
- Experience of using a SaaS based CRM system.